Once your Windows are Installed
Once your windows are installed, you may or may not want window coverings. You may not want to cover the beautiful, new windows—privacy might not be an issue. For those who do need privacy and do wish to install blinds, here are a few measuring tips.
Measuring Tips for Blinds or Shades:
- Decide if you want an inside mount or an outside mount before you begin the measuring process.
- A steel measuring tape is much more accurate than a cloth measuring tape.
- Always measure to the nearest 1/8 inch. Do not round to a half or whole inch.
- Be careful about transposing measurements.
- Be sure to always have width and height clearly marked.
- Always put your width measurement first and height last (W x H).